FREE Year-round tax clinic
It is an obligation to file an income tax return every year as a taxpayer to Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA). A tax return is your report to CRA of all of your income for the given year.
FCS provides a year-round FREE tax clinic service every Tuesday from 10 am to 4pm by appointment only. Services include prior and current year tax returns for those that are unable to prepare income tax and benefit tax returns.
Services are extended to:
- Low Income
- Social support recipients
Unfortunately due to the nature of our funding and program, we are unable to extend our services to the following individuals. If you:
- Have self-employed income
- Have business or rental income and expenses
- Have capital gains or losses
- Have employment expenses
- File for bankruptcy
- Deceased in the year
All taxpayers should have a family income of $30,000 or less. Another $2,500 should be added to each additional dependent. The interest income should not exceed $1,000 for any case.
- Two pieces of ID, at least one photo ID
- Bank information for direct deposit
- Rental receipt/property tax receipt/tax year lease agreement
- Transit passes i.e. TTC
- Receipts for donations, child care, children arts, etc.
- Tax slips (T4, T4A, T4E, T4OAS, T4OAP, T5007, RC62, etc.)
- Last year’s notice of assessment
- Students must bring T2202A for current tax year